Pages

Dtails: HBCU's no longer Victoria's Secret


I'm excited again, seems like these things keep happening to me. Last week it was the Vogue issue, and the shoes.

This week a great friend of ours here at DtailO brings us great news.

She like myself is a graduate of a Historically Black College or University (HBCU's) and she also loves fashion.

Keeping it real its because of her that I started all this online clothes thing (Thanks Junie)

Well anyway the news is that the Victoria's Secret line Pink will be adding 5 HBCU's to the line of clothing that features universities on them.

You know this didn't come without a girl fight,
but the squeaky wheel gets the oil . Right?

Here are the Schools slated to appear in the line:
  1. Howard (Bison)
  2. Hampton (Pirates)
  3. Southern (Jags),
  4. Florida A&M (Rattlers)
  5. North Carolina A&T (Aggie pride)
Now, my schools (Delaware State and Lincoln University, yes I went to 2) didn't make the cut (neither did hers Langston University come to think about it) but we are happy none the less.

The timing on this could not have been better because this week will be discussing what many will wear as they head back to school. The answers may shock you.

Videos like this one, and the show A Different World made me want to go to a black school.

Enjoy the throwback and Look at what they had on.

(ok on the low I really want one of the HBCU Sweats Suits T-boz has on. LOL)

TLC - Baby Baby Baby (Promo Only) - TLC


If you would like more info on HBCU's the UNCF is a good place to start.